Thursday, February 26, 2009

Introducing Kate and Jim McMullan

Have you met the books created by spouse team Kate and Jim McMullan yet? Their first award winning collaborative book, I Stink, was released in 2002 and has been followed up with three more titles: I'm Dirty, I'm Mighty and I'm Bad. I'm Big, about a 80-ton sauropod, is to be released in 2010. These books are not traditional read-aloud story books; they are dynamic, fun books told through the first person perspective of each character - a dump truck, a back hoe, a tug boat and a T-rex. McMullan's text includes a lot of onomatopoeia and first person dialogue and should be read with some gusto. The illustrations are bright, bold, and have a lot of movement. Age recommendation for all the books is 2 to 5. These titles are a big hit with preschoolers (especially the boys - the characters are big and bad and dirty and stinky - how can you go wrong?), so check one or two out from the library and enjoy!

Kate McMullan's website

Amazon.com
Google Book Search
(Full bibliographic information: McMullan, Kate. I Stink! Joanna Cotler Books, 2002.)




Amazon.com
(Full bibliographic information: McMullan, Kate. I'm Bad! Joanna Cotler Books, 2008.)





Amazon.com
(Full bibliographic information: McMullan, Kate. I'm Dirty! Joanna Cotler Books, 2006.)






Amazon.com
(Full bibliographic information: McMullan, Kate. I'm Mighty! Joanna Cotler Books, 2003.)

1 comment:

  1. I have read good reviews for I Stink. I need to check these out. I'm actually headed to the library tomorrow. I'll have to add them to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete